Sock it to Me
Share Your Holiday Warmth and Give a Pair of Socks
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH—Did you know socks are the number one requested item at homeless shelters? BREC has joined Baton Rouge Parents Magazine's Sock it to Me Sock Drive to collect new pairs of socks for those in need this holiday season.
Through Jan. 20, Baton Rouge Parents Magazine and BREC ask you to donate new pairs of children and adult socks to touch the lives of children and adults in the community.
Along with many other drop-off locations in the Greater Baton Rouge area, the following BREC facilities will serve as a drop-off location:
• BREC's Administrative Building, 6201 Florida Blvd.
• BREC's Womack Park Fitness Center, 6201 Florida Blvd.
• North Sherwood Forest Recreation Center, 3140 N. Sherwood Forest Drive
• Sharp Road Recreation Center, 501 Sharp Road
• Webb Park Recreation Center, 1351 Country Club Drive
• Parklawn Park Recreation Center, 12248 Parklawn Ave.
• Independence Community Park Recreation Center, 7505 Independence Blvd.
• Jefferson Highway Park Recreation Center, 8133 Jefferson Hwy.
• Forest Community Park Recreation Center, 13900 S. Harrell's Ferry Road
Thanks to the local support of East Baton Rouge Parish residents, Baton Rouge Parents Magazine collected more than 5,000 pairs of socks to help the less fortunate last year. Organizations like the Capital Area Family Violence Intervention Center, St. Vincent de Paul's Uniforms for Kids, and YMCA outreach programs received the simple blessing of socks.
Beginning Jan. 30, Baton Rouge Parents Magazine representatives will deliver the collected socks to local organizations in need. As part of a compassionate community, you can show you care by supporting this cause with your participation. Baton Rouge Parents Magazine set a goal to collect 10,000 pairs of socks this year and we need your help!
For more information contact Lauren Joerg at 225-272-9200, ext. 581 or visit facebook.com/BatonRougeParents.